Corporate Law and M&A
The key tasks include working with the Practice's partners and senior lawyers on the following projects:
● Supporting Russian and/or foreign law M&A transactions (mainly involving shares and participatory interests in legal entities), joint venture projects, and restructuring acquired assets;
● Developing, in collaboration with our Tax and other practices, optimizing structures for asset ownership and protection;
● Advising, in cooperation with our IP and other practices, IT companies on structuring shareholder relations, expanding into new markets, and other business matters;
● Structuring and legal support of investments in Fintech projects and startups in various jurisdictions;
● Drafting complex and strategically important agreements, including on convertible loans and real estate acquisition.
Examples of our corporate law team projects:
● Creating the largest TMT joint venture within the Russian AdTech web advertising market;
● Supporting a Russian investor in raising bank financing and acquiring coal assets in the Ukraine;
● Foreign investor sale of a meat processing plant to a leading company in the Russian food industry;
● Securing a convertible loan for a major Russian TMT company, enabling it to implement an IT project in Asia.
● Higher legal education;
● Two or more years of postgraduate experience of working on M&A or corporate finance projects;
● Experience in supporting transactions at a law firm;
● Excellent command of written and spoken English;
● Good drafting skills;
● Willingness to take part in the Firm's marketing events and legal tech projects is welcome;
● Willingness to develop a team of junior lawyers and trainees is also welcome.